I realized there’s a couple things that needed attention that are really all over the map so no better way to cover than just a list of random notes and thoughts right here:
- Strongman Sundays in Woburn and Charlestown Members: While the Strongman class and program that Jack is running goes on in Woburn it is open to all members. Charlestown members are welcome to attend those classes anytime. As it is a special situation in there isn’t a Strongman offered in Charlestown, it will just apply to your membership. If you are a Base member and used your classes, or don’t want to use one, you can always pay $10 as a member drop in.
- The Open Schedule and Lando Format: To be honest, I have no idea how this is going to go down yet. As we get closer and have a better idea on numbers we will figure out things like both locations or just one each week. This might also be dictated by the workout each week, so really there is no answer other than sign up and I guarantee we will be organized and ready for whatever comes at us.
- Affiliate/Team Signup for Open: The Judges Course is an annual trip to the looney bin for me and this year is no exception. The fact HQ makes us, the ones charged with promoting their message through our affiliate small business, suffer through hours of bullshit standards and rules just to say we are better coaches and judges is insane. So, a few more days on the signing up for the teams, but you can register for your affiliate now.
- February 17th is around the corner: Weightlifting Seminar is going to be LIT like Louis. Sign up to secure a spot. We are capping it at 20, maybe 25 people and already have 5 signed up on day 1. Get on it!! Sign up here.
- Bring a Friend Program: We are getting this back and fired up with regular days and times each week. Given the Open is soon this will interfere with Saturdays for a while, but we are also dedicating some mid week days to the BAF program as well.These specific days are just to highlight times to bring newbies in since the programming will be slightly easier and less technical. The benefits from BAF are always available and they are really worth while to bring a buddy or family member and convince them to sign up for at least a month.
BRING A FRIEND DISCOUNTS: If you bring someone in to class, or they just say you recommended us to them when you aren’t there for the specific class, and they sign up after you get CRAZY discounts. To start, you get 25% off your next month charge for your first friend that signs up for a recurring membership or Trial month, or a 10 Class Pack or more. If you have another on the same month you get a 50% discount! After that you move to a 25% discount for the next month! All you have to do is talk up CrossFit Lando and follow through with your friends and family who always say they can’t wait to try it out and then suddenly lose or break their phone every time you make plans to go to class.
Not enough people take advantage of this discount program we have. It doesn’t have to be from a specific BAF day, it can be any day, any time. Think about it next time your buddy or girl is popping off about how they could dominate the classes here and tell them to put up or shut up. We will take care of the rest and you save up to $50! BAM!!!!
- I know the Patriots lost. I am choosing to act as a conscientious objector. Thank you.
CrossFit : It’s a long one!!!
Core WOD : 12-15 Minutes
WOD : 3 Rounds
15 Deadlift 225/155
20 Ring Dips
15 Box Jumps 24/20
S: Row 750, Jumping Pull-Ups, 135/95, Push-Ups or Scaled Dips, Step Ups
L1: Row 800m, Scaled Pull-Ups, 185/135, Scaled Dips
Rx+: CTB Pull-Ups, 275/205, 30/24
Cap @ 5m, then Coach lead stretch for 3-5 Minutes, then Core Work
Core Gone Bad
3 Rounds, running clock, 1:00 each element including rest
– Barbell Rollouts
– Hollow Flutter Kick
– Toes to Bar
WOD : 3 Rounds
30 Jumping Pull-Ups
15 KB Swing 53/35
20 Push-Ups/Ring Dips
15 Step Ups/Box Jumps 24/20
1. WOD with class, scale up only as able to move as UB as if done Rx. Otherwise keep Rx
2. EMOM 21m
1: 12-18 Push-Ups
2: 10-15 GHD Situps
3: 70′ Farmers Carry/Front Rack Carry, 70/53 KB each hand (continue for entire minute AFAP, alternating each length)
3. Barbell Good Morning : 5 sets of 5 reps, medium to heavy as able but also as a flush/stretch of posterior chain