Has it been a struggle, physical and mental, getting into the gym since the holiday season started?
Are you feeling a bit, or more than a bit, bloated and sluggish after time and time again of over eating and over indulging?
While I firmly believe it is “ok” to have periods like this in your life especially for things like holidays, family time, and other causes for celebration, it is not “ok” for our body and mind to feel this way for extended periods of time. As we get older and time becomes more precious the unfortunate truth is we have less and less of it for getting ourselves physically to the place we want to be. We are launching a kickstart challenge that will also roll out our nutrition program.
New Year Health and Wellness Challenge
This year we are starting a challenge to help get you back to where you want to be physically which we all know helps us gather ourselves mentally. If you are looking to:
- Lose weight gained over a recent period or from long term change
- Get a better understanding and control over your specific nutrition needs
- Have a simple plan for your nutrition to follow allowing you to get where you want to be with your weight, health, and overall wellness.
then you want to get involved with this starting next week. You will get information on a few simple ways to change your nutrition to start giving you the body you want and goes with the effort you put into your training, whatever your goals might be. There will be fun challenges related to training and nutrition throughout the months of January and February, helping you keep focused on your desired outcome, short and long term. Most importantly, we will help you design your goals based on where you are now health wise and your lifestyle allows, setting you up for the best chance of success possible.
Strength: Push Press
WOD: 7m AMRAP
- EMOM, including start, perform 1 Wall Climb + 1 Power Snatch
Rx+: 2 Wall Climbs + 2 Power Snatch
Core: 4 Rounds
20 Hollow Rocks
20 Windshield Wipers holding plate with straight arms 25/15
20 Walking Lunges
Conditioning: 7m AMRAP
Wall Ball 20/14
– EMOM including start perform 4 Burpees
rest 4 Minutes
KB Swings (full OH) 53/35
– EMOM including start perform 2 Wall Climb
1. Strength and WOD
2. 5 Rounds
5-10 MU, rest 45s
5-10 Strict HSPU, rest 45s
- Goal is UB sets within that range, but if you need to break up into multiple to get into the range, do what is needed
3. 2m ME Double Unders, rest 2m, 2m ME Double Unders