We are in the process of building a new and improved weightlifting program for the entire community. The goal is many fold that will have more information released as it’s made official.
Which brings me to!…..I’m happy to announce our first seminar of 2018 and first in quite a while!
ALL LEVELS WEIGHTLIFTING SEMINAR
Saturday, February 17th
CrossFit Lando – Charlestown
Coaches : Lando, Stacey, and Bud
1 hr 15m on Snatch drills, technique, and max out
30 minute break lunch/rest
1 hr 15m on Clean and Jerk drills, technique, and max out
Come learn from 3 USA-W certified coaches who also have extensive competition experience in many fitness competitions including weightlifting’s highest levels
$30, sign up will be open officially next Monday with limited space to 20 lifters
All levels and location members are welcome
Strength : Clean and Jerk
A: WARMUP: EMOM 7m : Start @ 50% and increase to approx. 75%
rest/transition for 3m then
B: EMOM 10m, 2 CnJ @ heaviest able 75% and up, focus on hitting each lift not total weight.
WOD: 4 Rounds, each round 2:30 with 1:30 rest after
12 Deadlift 275/185
3 Wall Climbs
25 Wall Ball 20/14
then AMRAP Pull-Ups remaining time
– Score is total pull-ups accumulated over 4 rounds
S : 135/95, scaled WB height
Rx+: 315/225, CTB Pull-Ups
Conditioning : 20m AMRAP
5 KB Sumo DL High Pull + Russian Swing + Full Swing
10 MB Thruster 20/14
15 Jumping Pull-Up
5 Wall Climb
– rest 45S
* Goal/Focus is to SPRINT each round as best able. Earn the rest and make it count going into the next round.
1. Strength and WOD
– keep strength manageable given all the lifting yesterday. Take it as you can and don’t be afraid to go very light and technique work throughout. If there is a focus for the day and you have only enough in you for 1 of the 2, the WOD is more priority to work on back to back high volume pull-ups/performing pull-ups when sore/tired like might happen in an Open redo.
2. EMOM 21m
1: 30 Double Unders + 20 Air Squats
2: 12-20 TTB, go to max UB single set each time or additional sets to get to that range, max 20 total.
3: 3 Push Jerk, start @ 70% max and increase as able with no chance of failing due to weight
rest 4m after last minute then
5m AMRAP : 2 Rope Climb, 15′ use legs + 10 Pistols (5/5) AFAP
– focus on quality of rope climb (fewest pulls) and speed of pistols within reason of mechanics
3. 15m cash out : 50 Ring Dips + 40 GHD Hip Ext 45/35 plate @ chest + 30 GHD Situps w MB 20/14 floor to toes + 20 Split Squat w Barbell OH (10/10, feet on floor) + 10 Strict Toes Through Rings
- If you are spent at this point don’t do it. Be honest with yourself on where you are at.